9 November, 2017
At Spring Technology we are currently recruiting for a Solution Architect with strong retail experience. This is a contract role which will last 6 months and be based in Luton.
As a Solution Architect, you will also be the central point of contact on architecture matters, liaising with all stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and with Group teams. You will provide the structured technical framework within which the IT solutions should be designed and subsequently delivered, driving forward the solution delivery and any impact assessments, evaluations, product selections and POC’s as required. You will also be expected to support the Enterprise team on roadmaps, strategy and technical recommendations and evaluations.
Additionally, we require a candidate with experience of integration approaches and their application in a highly complex heterogeneous environment including SOA and API approaches; be comfortable with architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on system design.
• Delivering large scale, multi-project technical solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation. You will have a come from an application development background in early career.
• Delivering Solution Architecture with or on many of the following:
o Various application architectures and patterns
o Various integration techniques (i.e. file , messaging (JMS), web services – REST / SOAP)
o Application Migration plan
o Data modelling
o COTS, SAAS, configurable or bespoke applications
o Experience of Navitaire New Skies or similar pre flight systems.
o Defined NFRs and SLAs
o Security Architecture
• An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF.
• Working with UML and Visio to create architecture models and communicate architecture direction to both technical and business audiences.
• Experience with delivering solutions for retail and/or aviation, especially Navitaire, would be advantageous.
• Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
• Working with highly technical staff, architecture team members and outsourced teams, working on multiple projects towards a common end goal throughout the development lifecycle.
If this role is of an interest then please reply with a copy of your latest CV to the email address below. Many apologies if this message meets you in error.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Spring | 5th Floor | Livery Place | 35 Livery Street | Birmingham | B3 2PB
Unless otherwise agreed between the client and a legal representative of our company, all placements made by Spring Technology are made on our standard terms of business for clients.